Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

LA 2011 Dunk Contest (BLAKE GRIFFIN's TIME!!!)

I'll be honest with you. This contest was Blake Griffin's no matter what happens.

The Rules are:
Looks easy? This is probably the most intimidating and the most difficult event through the whole weekend.

This contest was fierce all the way through! I expected the dunk contest to be another lame event. But this event's level of difficulty was through the roof! Javale Mcgee showed a two basket, two balls dunk. In addition, Demar Derozan showed a behind the back, between the legs dunk. In addition, Serge Ibaka showed a "behind the free throw line" dunk. These are all tasks that were never tried before in the NBA. However, in the first round, Blake Griffin showed something that was improbably difficult dunk. He showed the "free throw line 360 spin overhead tomahawk" dunk. This dunk deserved a 50/50, but it only got a 49.

The second round'd competition was even more fierce. However, it was no match for Mcgee and Griffin. Mcgee showed a three ball dunk. Can you even imagine a man dunking three basketballs in one jump? I couldn't.... But now, I know it's possible.
Take a look,


See what I'm talking about? The moment I watched this dunk, I was mesmerized.... I thought the dunk contest was complete. But now, I don't think so. Blake Griffin came up with a dunk that was just out of scale. Take a look at this, 


He Jumped over a CAR!!!! This dunk was out of control. Although I want to give a ten for Mcgee. Seeing this dunk made me give Mcgee a much lower score. This weekend was just crazy.

The winner of the dunk contest was Blake Griffin and there is no doubt that he should have been the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment